Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins

Four Stars

Oh how long I have waited for this book. I have been addicted to this series since the first one came out two years ago. Book one is awesome and book two sets everything up perfectly for the finale.

And then comes book three. I was so excited for this book, everything promised that it would be fantastic, and it pretty much delivered. I was disappointed at times, not with what was in the book, but what wasn’t. There were some amazing moments, and even a few twists that I thought were awesome. However, the end has a few problems. It’s not how it ends, but the almost abruptness of the ending that I have some trouble with. Then events in the last few chapters just need more description, rather than the simple mentions they receive. These storylines and characters deserved more completion and closure.

But it is still an awesome ride and I love it all. Mockingjay gets four stars but the series as a whole scores an absolute FIVE.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I didn't like how Finnigan was done with so rapidly and with so little story around it. I've read the book twice in case I read it too fast the first time and missed something. Nope. A few things were just under developed or unexplained altogether.

    That aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the series as a whole and agree with your ranking :)

    ReplyDelete