Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Duty and Desire" by Pamela Aiden

Four Stars

Pamela Aiden continues her assessment into the untold story of Darcy …

Yeah, sorry. I can’t even think about this book with a straight face, let alone write seriously about it. We’ve all wondered what Darcy was up to during the middle of Pride and Prejudice when he and Elizabeth are apart.

I’ve always pictured him spending that time chasing a revenge-obsessed, half-Irish, fairy-witch through the dungeon corridors of an ancient castle, trying to rescue a kidnapped child and prevent human sacrifices from being offered at Stonehenge.

Apparently I’m not the only one. You think I’m joking.

And absurd as it all is, you can’t help but love it. Who knew Darcy harbors a Scooby-Doo streak? I might have given this book only three stars but it earns the fourth in the first half when Darcy is celebrating Christmas at Pemberley with his family, including the loveable Col. Fitzwilliam. It also has more of Darcy’s old school friend, Dy, who is fabulous.

These parts of the story continue to fit right in with who Darcy is and make me look forward to Darcy and Elizabeth’s reunion in book three.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me you happened to be drunk on Nyquil while reading this and that is not actually the plot?!?

    I'm seriously digging book 1. If we go from petticoats and country tours to fairy chasing and human sacrifice, I'm going to be so sad.

    If he ends up fighting the Volturi in book 3, call me immediately and I will burn my trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No WAY!!! This book sounds like a riot! I'm excited to add it to my To Read list!

    ReplyDelete